2022 Job Opening
$45,000 to $50,000 Annually
Dental, Medical, Vision
Great Education Colorado is a statewide, nonpartisan, grassroots organization with a vision of a Colorado where all students – no matter where they live or how they learn – graduate ready to lead their best lives. We bring grassroots muscle to the fight for adequate and equitable funding of public schools, through advocacy at the legislature and the ballot box.
We are seeking a full-time Office Manager and Development Coordinator who will advance our mission by facilitating Great Ed’s operations and fundraising efforts. The position provides great flexibility for in-office and remote work.
Office Management and Administration
- Facilitate Financial Management - pay invoices, deposit checks, provide bookkeeper with all documents and information necessary to balance books, create financials, and file taxes; work with the Executive Director to staff the Finance Committee; work with outside auditors and accounts on annual audit and taxes.
- Coordinate Board Activity - maintain the board of directors calendar, coordinate with members to create agendas, draft and edit meeting minutes.
- Maintain Administrative Functions in the Office - work with staff and third-party vendors and consultants (e.g., telecommunications, IT, copy machine/printers, Zoom, insurance, rent) to oversee the smooth and cost-effective day-to-day operations of the organization.
- Oversee Project and Grant Budgets and Reporting - collaborate with development and outreach staff to ensure contract obligations are met and recorded.
- Maintain, manage, and utilize donation records in Every Action (Great Ed’s CRM) - enter checks and (non-online) credit card contributions, run reports on donors and donations as needed and requested by the Development Director, manage thank you notes, pledge to follow up, etc.
- Assist Development Director in staffing the Development Committee – update development plan, draft agendas for, and take notes at, monthly meetings.
- Assist in the design, planning, and execution of annual Luncheon Fundraiser– work with Development Director, Development Committee, Executive Director, Communications Director, and contractors (if any) on selecting location and vendors, promoting the event, invoicing sponsors, following up on pledges, etc.
- Manage logistics of fundraising campaigns – including online campaigns, Colorado Gives Day, and year-end. Work with vendors on printing of solicitation letters, manage mail lists, assist board and staff in writing personal notes on each letter.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Passion for public education
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and time management
- Ability and desire to cultivate strong relationships with the staff, board, vendors, donors, and public education advocates
- Strong and organized administrative background with experience in the nonprofit sector
- Budgeting and financial management (experience preferred)
- Facility with project management platforms (currently using Asana)
- Proficiency in Google Mail, Suite, and Apps as well as MS Office (required)
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems (currently using Every Action)
- Self-directed and able to work independently
- Ability and desire to work productively with people from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Generous and flexible vacation policies, all holidays and monthly day off, office closed over the winter holidays
- Flexible work schedule, hybrid in-office, and remote work
This is a full-time position with an annual salary range of $45,000-$50,000, depending on experience.
If you would like to be a part of the team and your experience is a good fit, please apply below. We appreciate your enthusiasm, but please no calls to our office. Only applications received through this portal will be considered.
Great Education Colorado is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Additionally, we believe that passion and talent are not exclusively measured by degree status or professional experience. If you feel compelled to pursue this role and believe you will advance our mission, we encourage you to apply.