2023 Job Opening
Great Education Colorado is a statewide non-partisan, non-profit organization that empowers public education supporters to advocate for adequate and equitable funding of schools at the legislature and ballot. Our vision is a Colorado where every community has public schools with the resources necessary to enable every child to graduate ready to lead their best lives.
We are seeking a Multi-Department Support Staff team member who is passionate about our mission and interested in learning about and contributing to every part of the organization – development, outreach, communications, and administration. Great Education is embarking on a strategic planning process, meaning that this position will evolve in a manner that is reflective of the needs of the organization and the talents and interests of this new team member.
- Commitment to education equity and Great Education Colorado’s mission.
- Attention to detail and organization skills.
- Familiarity with diverse online applications and facility with learning new ones, including, Google docs, spreadsheets, and forms.
- Project management apps (we use Asana).
- Social media management and content creation.
- Experience with using and managing CRMs (Every Action).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to and interest in collaborating with diverse individuals & organizations.
- Self-directed and comfortable in a flexible working environment.
- Passion for learning new skills, solving problems, and contributing to a team effort.
As a “utility player,” the job will be responsive to organizational needs, but we anticipate that the work could include such responsibilities as:
- Supporting the communications team through drafting emails, copy editing outgoing communications (e.g., emails, website content, etc.), and preparing social media posts.
- Supporting our outreach efforts through volunteer coordination, scheduling, making presentations, following up with participants after events, and taking notes at coalition meetings.
- Supporting our strategic planning consultant with outreach to board members, stakeholders, and vendors.
- Supporting our development team through communications with individual donors (e.g., emails, snail mail, setting up meetings, etc.), and assisting with grants and events.
- Supporting our admin team as needed.
Benefits & Pay:
- An annual salary of $50,000-$55,000 depending on experience
- Health, eye, and dental insurance.
- Flexible hybrid home/office schedule (2-3 days in the office)
- Generous PTO/vacation policy
Posted On: Monday, December 26, 2022
Compensation: $50,000-$55,000 DOE