Great Futures Action Summit
The 2018 Great Futures Action Summit was held on February 28. Attendees are empowered and motivated to take action and ensure that all Colorado students, regardless of where they live or how they learn, receive a great education.
Great Education Colorado Luncheon
Great Education Colorado’s annual luncheon each year honors a public education supporter. Past honorees include:
- Cary Kennedy, Denver deputy mayor;
- Elaine Gantz Berman, state board of education member;
- George Sparks, president and CEO of the Denver Museum of Nature & Science;
- Donna Lynne, President of Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Colorado;
- Bob Deibel, President of OfficeScapes;
- Daniel L. Ritchie, civic leader;
- Sam and Nancy Gary, education advocates, philanthropists, and founders of Gary Community Investments.
- Mike Ferrufino, President & CEO of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Denver
The 9th Annual Great Education Colorado Luncheon will be held on Thursday, October 10, 2019, at the Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center. The event will honor Rollie and Josie Heath.
In 2014, for the first time Great Ed gave out a new award created in fond memory of our former Board Chair, Vicki Mattox, to recognize and celebrate those who have dedicated their lives to educating the students of Colorado. Recipients of this award have included Dr. Cynthia Stevenson, former Superintendent of Jefferson County School District, and Colorado’s superintendents.